Monday, May 12, 2008

INSULTING!!!

From Wikipedia - "The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, gaming, etc.".[1] Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs."

Well, I am sick and tired about being labeled a "geek" just because I enjoy the weather. I would have hoped that the webmistress would have picked the more relevant and applicable name for this group "weather studs + babe" but - no - now we are labeled geeks and will not get any hits from cheerleaders, playboy bunnies or American Idols.

Thanks!

1 comment:

The Weathergeeks said...

I am not a meteorologist nor a "georgrapher" and we all know that georgraphers (sic) invented Meteorology. But I am a geologist, computer scientist and oceanographer so does that make me a geek too? View the profile pic and see if i LOOK like a geek LOL :-)