Monday, September 1, 2008

Gustav Welcomed in Carriere, MS

A quiet night here in Carriere. Looks like Gustav is limping ashore this morning as a CAT 2. Just had our strongest gust, at least since I've been up. Hard to gauge the sustained winds because I'm pretty well sheltered here at my house, but I would guess 15 MPH with gusts to 20 -25MPH. Raining in waves with a couple o fheavy downpours so far. Think I'll invest in a Wx Station next so I can get some real obs ;-)

Snapped some pictures to post, but nothing of significance to report at this time. The power has flashed a couple of times, but no reason to start up the generator yet, although I'm itching to feel the 16kW of raw power.

Although I hate to, I will bow down to the Gods at the NHC for their forecast. Even through yesterday, I didn't think Gustav would turn as much as he did as he approached the coast. Guess that's why I'm an IT weenie, er Manager ... Has anyone seen a landfall location yet, or haven't they made the call. Vermillion Bay may be pretty close.

KF

No comments: