Thursday, August 28, 2008

WHAT I THINK I THINK



Station 42058 - Central Caribbean - about 200 miles southeast of Gustav.

I had an epiphany today around 4:00 pm. It was at that moment when I remembered that I was a meteorologist - and that I should enjoy hurricanes, not fear them. Why wouldn't I want to go through another storm? I went through Katrina's eye - and it was incredible.

Yes - the house, the family, the car, the possessions, even that damn dog - they will have to experience the wrath and aftermath of a hurricane. The days and weeks after Katrina are moments that I never want to experience again.

Yet, weather phenomena is what I live for, and experiencing the shock and awe of earth's weather biggest weather maker should be something I want to see.

So, I am at peace now - and ready to experience whatever life throws at me.

Namasté

BB

3 comments:

Tracy said...

YAY - BB finally remembered he is a weather guy. I knew he was especially after the dipole eddy discussions and the fujiwara effect. So what is your call now on landfall... Klingfree promised a prediction to the blog last night but alas he has been silent and HLG well I think he is caveman in disguise and has been too busy on the bob blog... GG

Klingfree said...

To the contrary gg, I posted my forecast where the question was asked ... in the Let's Review Fay thread ;-))

I'll state it for the record her ... Vermillion Bay, after nightfall on Labor Day 2008.

KF

BTW, my word verification is fuxwom ... so, my question is, what is a wom???

The Weathergeeks said...

KF- Sorry - Just thought something of such substance would not be buried in a post about an unrelated storm :-)

Still looking like we are going to get some nastyness or if you are a weatherman, some excitement.

gg